We are excited to share the latest edition of AAOKH News, from the Alaska Arctic Observatory & Knowledge Hub (AAOKH).
This edition is jam-packed, featuring summaries of:
- observations and photos from winter-spring
- Kimberly Kivvaq Pikok’s reflections on being an AAOKH graduate student as well as an update on her film project in Utqiaġvik
- 2023 Utqiaġvik trails built for spring whaling
- winter blizzards and impacts in communities, plus overall climate trends from the region
- youth engagement and outreach activities in Utqiaġvik and Kotzebue
- updates from the international Distributed Biological Observatory (DBO) project
- ocean, snow and sea ice monitoring in Kotzebue Sound
You can always track the latest observations on our Facebook page.