Hot off the press: check out our Winter 2023 newsletter!
We are excited to share the latest edition of AAOKH News, from the Alaska Arctic Observatory & Knowledge Hub (AAOKH). This will be sent in print to all mailbox-holders in AAOKH communities, but you can read it online here!
This edition is jam-packed, featuring summaries of:
- observations and photos from fall-winter
- Joe Mello Leavitt’s perspectives on being an observer
- 2022 Utqiaġvik trails built for spring whaling
- fall storms and impacts to communities, plus overall climate trends from the region
- key outcomes from the Alaska Arctic Salmon Gathering, led by graduate student Elizabeth Mik’aq Lindley
- our forthcoming scientific paper in the journal Arctic Science
- spotted seal monitoring near Utqiaġvik